LifeWorks supports the total health and well-being of over 35 million lives worldwide with our clinical expertise, global presence and digital well-being platform, LifeWorks by Morneau Shepell. We empower healthier, happier, and more productive employees by combining our award-winning Employee Assistance Program with proactive wellness solutions in a digital ecosystem that helps them prevent and manage issues and concerns about family, health, life, money, and work.
As a Global Employee Engagement Platform serving tens of thousands of companies and millions of employees worldwide, LifeWorks by Morneau Shepell uses innovative technology and mobile-first user experience to deliver a Total Wellbeing Solution that people and companies - such as Aviva, Burberry, Walgreens, Expedia, Intel and Nestlé Canada - love to use.
Morneau Shepell employees have access to the same high-quality well-being support and resources provided to our customers. We pride ourselves on providing a work environment that inspires innovation, connection and collaboration while also supporting your growth and development both personally and professionally. We value difference-makers, and individuals and teams who bring high energy, passion, and a relentless commitment to excellence to their roles.
Our vibrant company is seeking an Agile professional to join our motivated and talented technology team based in our riverside offices in Battersea, London.
As an Agile Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for Lean and Agile practices; and creating an engaging and stimulating environment for our technical development teams in which they can thrive and bring out the best to deliver great quality and value to our clients and customers.
You will lead cross-functional product development team(s) using Agile methodologies (Scrum/Kanban) with team members in house, remote, and soon nearshore. You will play a key role in shaping the company wide Morneau Shepell Agile practices and standards. And, last but not least, you will embrace each opportunity to foster an Agile mindset as our team grows and interacts more with other lines of business within Morneau Shepell.
- Assisting the Product Owners in developing and managing the product backlog(s)
- Facilitate ceremonies including: Refinement, Planning, Stand-ups and Retrospectives and/or Kanban practices
- Help the team to understand their process and achieve reliable, predictable delivery
- Facilitate the removal of impediments to the team
- Create an environment for the development team to excel
- Promote values such as trust and respect and encourage problems to be raised openly
- Provide Agile coaching, facilitation and support to your team(s) and the wider organisation
- Generate metrics to measure team success and forecast velocity and/or cycle time
- Actively participate in a culture of continuous improvement across the organization
- Shape Agile scaling practices as we grow
- Contribute to the agile community internally (guilds, brown bags, etc.) and externally (meetups, conferences, etc.)
Succeeding as an Agile Delivery Manager will require the following core qualifications and skills:
- 3+ years’ experience as an Agile Delivery Manager, or similar role leading Agile technical teams required
- Strong experience with skills and techniques necessary to provide Agile coaching required; preferably combined with working knowledge of several Agile frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, XP, LeSS, Lean Startup, Lean)
- Added experience with scaling Agile from startup to enterprise, and associated frameworks DaD, SAFe, is preferred
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I), or similar Agile practitioner certification is a significant asset
- Proven ability to use and adapt facilitation techniques in order to drive results required
- Ability to facilitate from the side of meetings and workshops, without needing to dominate conversations, is required
- Ability to guide teams through continuous improvement required, including using metrics and data collated, is required
- Competency in using Agile tools (ex. Atlassian suite) to inform day-to-day and provide feedback to wider business audience required
- Ability to engage those outside of your immediate team to adopt Agile principles required
- Experience enabling team members to hold each other to account, and focus on team results over individual results, is required
- Proven ability to help the team to refine existing practices to a more Agile way of working required (ex. Collaborative Design over design upfront, testing right from the start)
- Excellent communication and people skills are required
- Experience working in a software development role (development or testing) preferred
- Experience with Web, iOS and Android application development preferred
- Experience in administering boards and workflows in Jira and/or AzureDevOps preferred