We’re not your average Energy Company – EDF are embarking on a programme of “disruption from within”, driving an innovative engineering culture to deliver an exceptional customer experience & cutting-edge digital-first approach.
As a core part of our tech led approach we are looking for a Developer who can create well -crafted and robust code to work within one of our EDF Customers business product teams. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our most complex projects. We come together as a collaborative and inclusive team to push boundaries, create quality solutions and keep abreast of the latest trends in tech.
The role comprises of the full software delivery life-cycle. You will work closely with the Product Owner, Architect(s), and Scrum Master in order to bring new functionality and technical improvements to market and you will be comfortable operating within a fast paced, flexible and iterative delivery environment.
The role will form part of the Business Change & IT function. Working within one of our product teams you could be working on any number of exciting projects including greenfield initiatives where you will be able to deliver impact from the start.
- Cloud architectures, particularly AWS
- Commercial experience with React and/or React Native UI framework
- Test Driven Development/Behaviour Driven Development
- CSS3/ HTML5 /Typescript
- Experienced in source control and CI / CD tooling technologies (e.g., Jenkins, GitHub, Terraform)
- Jest framework experience
- Automated testing knowledge and experience (e.g. Selenium / Cypress / detox)
- Serverless architectures
- Loose-coupling, queuing, and event driven architectures
- Experience of at least one server-side language (ideally, Python, Java/Kotlin, NodeJS)
- REST APIs, design and use of 3rd party APIs
Competitive Salary & Benefits
You can expect a competitive salary and benefits package. In addition to the salary you’ll benefit from a defined benefit pension scheme, flexible lifestyle benefits options and entry into the bonus scheme.
Although our roles are advertised on a full-time basis as standard, flexible working arrangements will be considered.