Monday 17 February 2020
£42,183 - £46,870
We support agile working – click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours
Job Description Summary
Working within the Financial Wellbeing Lab you will play a pivotal role in the next stage of our transformation journey. The Lab’s purpose is to create a leading experience to help our customers before, during and after financial difficulty. We will ensure we help them become more financially resilient and improve their overall financial wellbeing. We aim to achieve this purpose through improving colleague tools, creating tools to allow customers to better manage their day-to-day finances, and by simplifying the Customer Financial Assistance systems through an increased focus on Test Automation, DevOps, Cloud technologies and Rationalisation.
As Service Engineer you’ll help champion the availability of service for our customers and colleagues. Representing Service Delivery, you’ll support Lab Engineering Leads, Product Owners, Product Owners and Teams to enforce Service principles, disciplines, standards and processes within Labs and Teams.
You’ll be responsible for supporting & developing Operational Run capability by working with others on how to build serviceability into the design of new solutions, minimising risk and delivering cost efficient software. Your priority will be to ensure that Labs prioritise effectively between existing issues and new features from their Product backlogs.
Being part of cross-disciplinary teams, Service Engineers should be able to showcase excellent interpersonal and communications skills. Work in a highly collaborative way to complete assigned work, showcase progress and address problems that are well defined, complex and often non-routine whilst being quick learners who can learn and adapt to new technologies being used within Lloyds and the wider industry.
Overall the Service Engineer is a team player, who is able to support the development of others, whilst providing guidance.
- Incident Management & Insights
- Understand what the incident portfolio is and why it exists for the Value Stream
- Analyse new trends and issues in live software solutions and make general recommendations
- Create MI and reports to be shared with Lab and Value Stream Leadership
- Able to manipulate lists of existing incidents to reflect trends
- Be aware of Bank Service Level Agreements to ensure that these are being met
- Problem Management & Insights
- Provide impact analysis to Lab and Value Stream Leadership
- Assist in planning and scheduling of change
- Be aware of changes being applied to Value Stream/Lab supported production services
Knowledge & Experience Required
- Stakeholder Management - ability to engage and support key stake holders
- Operational excellence & Experience in IT support - understands Production environments, complexities of system architecture
- Production Testing experience – basic knowledge of Lloyds system architecture and requirements for thorough testing pre release
- Relevant knowledge or experience of the specific Business area and supporting systems beneficial but not critical to the Role
- Risk Management – Aware but not responsible for implementation risks and considerations, including: run cost management, supplier performance, resource supply and demand, regulatory compliance and quality management
Technical Skillset Required (Use or knowledge of products below is desirable)
- MS SQL Server/PLSQL
- Mainframe (OPCA/TWS, Endevor, Fileaid)
- ETL (Kettle and Pervasive)
At LBG, we’re invested in your continual development. That’s why we’ve fostered a collaborative learning environment that supports your career goals and encourages knowledge-sharing. Our inclusive culture offers you flexibility to try new things while helping you build the future you want.
On top of our team ethos we're genuine about both equal opportunity and our colleagues representing the communities we serve - developing and advancing the best in our people.
Ultimately, we care much more about the person you are, how you think and approach things, than a list of qualifications on a CV. So if even if you can’t say ‘yes’ to all of the above, but you’re self-motivated, passionate about delivering phenomenal solutions and interested in joining us at a critical and exciting time, then we’d love to hear from you…
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities.With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.