Are you a creative problem solver passionate about new technology and making stuff work? Do you want to work with a diverse team making a real impact for our retailers? We are always on the lookout for great PHP developers and we definitely want to hear from you.
We are a technical agency who work solely with Magento Enterprise. If you are a Magento developer, fantastic! If you have not worked with Magento before, don't worry, we will train you up. If you have experience with OOP, MVC and database design such as MySQL, Oracle or EAV, let's chat.
Day-to-day you will
- Write good quality code to written technical specifications.
- Work with our project and testing team to find the best technical solution for our clients.
- Investigate, analyse, document and correct reported bugs.
- Build complex and challenging web applications.
- Create, document and implement unit tests and scripts.
- Create and maintain technical documentation using defined technical templates.
Who do we look for?
The team has a broad range of abilities and experience. We don't believe that one-size-fits-all but here are a few things we typically look for in our Devs:
- Commercial experience with PHP and PHP-based frameworks (eg. Zend, CodeIgniter, Expression Engine).
- Ability to produce clean, well-documented, efficient, and standards-compliant code.
- Technical experience working with: MySQL; Linux; PHPUnit; Basic HTML; XML; Git/SVN (including feature branching, deploying, merging).
And here are some things we love to see but are not essential:
- Experience with E-commerce development (preferably Magento).
- Systems administration background.
- Experience of the full software development life cycle.
- Contribution to creating an open source project.
The good stuff
Our office is based in Blackfriars House, a few minutes' walk from Deansgate and right in the heart of the hustle and bustle of Manchester City Centre. Our large, open plan premises boasts a dining room, games area with a pool table and several creative break out areas to get those ideas flowing!
- Competitive salary
- 32 days' holiday (inc. of public holidays) plus an extra day's holiday for every year you work with us
- Flexible working
- Regular appraisals and personal development plans
- Aviva Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee discount scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- GBP150 contribution for eye tests and glasses/contact lenses
- Social events