Please note that my client cannot offer VISA sponsorship for this position.
Your new company
With thousands of sellers and millions of buyers, my client is the fastest growing online Marketplace in the UK! They are a direct alternative to Amazon, delivering excellent value for retailers and customers alike. They sell everything from small specialist outlets to major household names, and an ever-increasing number of retailers are discovering the value of selling with them. They have just received some large investment and are ready to scale up massively and rapidly expand to 140 countries by 2023!
Your new role
They are seeking skilled and experienced PHP
Developers to join their existing friendly and fast-paced team. Your role will include maintaining and developing back-end systems for the entire solution, involving everything from integrations with new partners to updating back-end functionality to support the team.
They are looking for someone with a varied range of skills and either an understanding of or previous experience with providing custom development, eCommerce or stock systems, along with knowledge of selling online. Ideally, you'll be a good problem solver, have an eye for detail and possess good time management and communication skills.
To success in this role, you will be skilled in the following:
- MySQL & NoSQL databases
- MVC framework experience (they use a custom built in-house framework based on popular frameworks such as CakePHP)
- RESTful API
- Testing at multiple levels
Other desirable skills/knowledge include:
What you'll get in return
- A keen interest in software development and best practices
- Experience in architecting complex solutions
- Caching technologies
What you need to do now
- Annual performance pay rises and bonus scheme
- A real opportunity to progress in your career
- Opportunity to be a part of the fastest growing company in Dorset and one of the fastest growing tech companies in the UK
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.