Developer, Business Applications, Internal Services, Milton Keynes
Deloitte are expanding their development team to support a range of technologies developed throughout Deloitte.
This role will form the core of a new team developing a set of differentiating technologies for the audit function of Deloitte. Strong and adaptive development skills are expected as a matter of course; to be successful the incumbent will leverage a collaborative mindset to make the most of a multidisciplinary team, sharing knowledge and expertise to the wider group to build the wider ITS capability.
We are proud to offer flexible working arrangements which allow our people to choose the most suitable working arrangement that works for them. Whether this is working 4 days per week, taking the summer months off work, or more flexibility around your working pattern, we consider both formal and informal working arrangements that allow our people and our clients the best outcome.
If you would like to hear more about our flexible working arrangements, please let us know. Your role
A new agile management tool, making a huge difference in the Audit arena, has been purchased by Deloitte who now own the source code. The predominantly open source, cloud native application, is hosted on AWS and built on angular and node. Some skilled engineers are sought to evolve and grow the solution and manage the application lifecycle using a DevOps approach.
Your work, your choice
- Good hands on experience of Firebase,
- Broad knowledge of NodeJS, Angular, AWS - Amazon Wed Services, GCP aswell as a number of continuous integration tools with specific focus on Azure DevOps.
- Web DevelopmentGeneral web / integration development
- Accountable for supplying development and support services for functions throughout Deloitte.
- Accountable for maintaining systems to required SLAs, prioritizing maintenance windows and releases, liaising with the wider Deloitte team to implement global standards and security controls.
- Work within diverse teams and prioritizing workloads, delegating activities via daily SCRUM meetings
- Advising stakeholders on the implications of alternative solutions.
- Participate in all aspects of the project software development life cycle including; solution design, business analysis, testing, documentation and deployment.
- Technical design and task estimation and Perform R&D on new technologies
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Cardiff but we can also consider Milton Keynes
Work pattern: This is a permanent, full time contract opportunity. Your professional experience
- Demonstrable experience of running cloud native applications with the ability to plan and manage the technology lifecycle as well as the technical acumen to develop and maintain a heterogeneous technology stack.
- Experience playing the role of dev-ops engineer in agile teams with focus on AWS.
- Experience of eventual consistency NoSQL databases a must, along with implications for support / maintenance and change of this capability.
- Will have worked within an application maintenance team.
- Strong hands-on experience of Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) / Azure DevOps and Git for the full development life-cycle.
- Experience of secure coding practices, tools and guidance such as OWASP.
- Capable of working in waterfall and agile methodologies.
Your service line: Internal Services
- BSc / Msc Information Systems / STEM subjects or equivalent experience.
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- Certified SCRUM master / equivalent experience
At Deloitte, weâ€™re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Practice Support Services, Quality & Risk Services, IT Services, and Workplace Services & Real Estate, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? Itâ€™s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work â€" and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what weâ€™re looking for:
We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLICSS BAITEC CFTECH LOCCAR
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
Â© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 171423