As a JPMorgan Chase & Co. Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) you will combine software and systems to help us build a world-class engineering function. Working with your team, you'll focus on improving our production applications and systems to creatively solve operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation.
Our culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity and problem solving is essential to our success. We bring people together with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We support teamwork, thinking big and taking risks in a blame-free environment. We promote self-direction to work on relevant projects, while building an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn and grow. We are excited to see what you will bring to our team. Responsibilities:
- Design, code, test and deliver software to automate manual operational work
- Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-incident evaluations and ensure permanent closure of incidents
- Engage with development teams throughout the life cycle to help develop software for reliability and scale, ensuring minimal refactoring or changes
- Identify application patterns and analytics in support of better service level objectives
- Design and develop self-healing and resiliency patterns
- Design and develop performance tests, identify bottlenecks and opportunities for optimization and capacity demands, and present solutions for continuous improvements
- Implement best in class monitoring frameworks to accomplish end-to-end flow monitoring and noiseless alerting
- Develop automated software and product upgrades, change management and release management solutions
- Coach/Influence developers and other teams across the globe to ensure resiliency and stability standards
- Effectively split time between operational work and engineering work
- Contribute to around the clock support coverage as needed
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience in a software engineering discipline
- Expert in at least one technology stack designing, coding, testing, delivering software
- Previous experience with software development, infrastructure development, or development and operations
- Working knowledge or understanding of infrastructure components such as routers, load balancers, cloud products, container systems, compute, storage and networks
- Excellent debugging and trouble shooting skills
- Experience in Core Java, Oracle, MS SQL Server, Unix Shell Scripting
- Basic knowledge about Development in J2EE, Spring Boot, MVC etc.
- Experience about Support models - Incident Management, Problem Management
- Knowledge about version control repositories like GIT
- Understanding of NoSQL databases e.g. Marklogic, Hadoop, MongoDB etc..
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management and end users, participate in incident management and issue resolution across multiple teams
- Perform Production releases
- Problem Solver - think through the problems and come up with alternatives to resolve it short term and/or long term.
- Able to prioritize and manage time efficiently
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.