React/JS Full Stack Developer
- Design and implement UI applications and services.
- Participate in system architecture and design decisions.
- Continuously improve development and testing best practices.
- Interpret and analyse business use-cases and translate feature requests into technical designs and development tasks.
- Take ownership of development tasks, participate in regular design and code review meetings.
- Delivery focused and keen to participate in the successful implementation and evolution of technology products in close coordination with product managers and colleagues.
Education and expertise Essential
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or a related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Strong software development experience
- Node.js (express)
- Experience with SQL relational databases such as Postgresql
- Demonstrable experience of using Restful API in a production setting.
- Test frameworks (e.g. jest, Jasmine)
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines
- Linux/Unix, Git
- Agile and XP (Scrum, Kanban, TDD)
- Devextreme React Components, Bootstrap, HTML5
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection
- Gitlab, Docker
- AWS - CLI, Cloudfront, Cognito, S3
- Python, Java/Scala or .Net/C#
- You can effectively manage timelines and enjoy working within a team
- You can follow relevant technology trends, actively evaluate new technologies, and use this information to improve the product
- You get a lot of satisfaction from on-time delivery
- Happy clients are important to you
- You take pride in your work
- You love to solve complex problems, whether that's making the user experience as responsive as possible or understanding complex client requirements
- You can confidently present your own ideas and solutions, as well as guide technical discussions.
- Your welcoming attitude encourages people to approach you when they have a problem you can help them solve
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.