Software Development Engineer in Test
Position: Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Benefits: Bonus, Study Support, Pension, DIS, BAYE Share Scheme, Pay Day Drinks.
Due to growth, we are now recruiting a Software Development Engineer in Test to enable and encourage developers and testers to design and implement tests in an efficient way by providing them with the right tools, frameworks, and infrastructure.
You will be expected to drive forward test development, advising wherever required, on best practices. Responsibilities vary from web, mobile and web service wherever required, therefore you will require an in depth understanding of test automation approaches and methodologies as well as a good understanding of web and mobile development.
You must have:
- Knowledge of web and mobile technologies.
- Experience with test frameworks and automation tools.
- Knowledge and experience in automated web, mobile application and RESTful service testing.
- A passion for test infrastructure, test architecture and CI / CD.
- Knowledge of CI automation systems to create builds preferably Jenkins / TeamCity.
- Possess an agile mind-set, fast to adapt to constant changes and comfortable with it.
Experience with any of the below tech is desirable:
- Cucumber, Gherkin.
- Selenium WebDriver, Protractor, WebdriverIO, Appium.
- Jasmine, Chai.
- SoapUI, Postman, Frisby.js.
- TeamCity, Jenkins.
- MongoDB, postgresql.
- CI / CD / Continuous testing.
- BitBucket, Git.
- BrowserStack, SauceLabs.
- BDD, TDD, Unit Testing.
This role would suit an Automation Tester / Automation Engineer who can talk automation tools and techniques and be a sounding board for shaping automation testing at AJ Bell.
AJ Bell is one of the largest providers of online investment platforms and stockbroker services in the UK, with assets under administration exceeding £54.7 billion and more than 241,000 clients. Our award-winning products include AJ Bell Youinvest and AJ Bell Investcentre.
Our aim is to be to a market-leading provider of investment products and administration services in the adviser and execution-only markets.
You may have experience of the following: Developer in Test, Test Developer, Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), Software Developer in Test (SDiT), Automation Test Analyst, Automation Tester, Test Automation Developer, Software Tester, Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, QA Engineer, Quality Engineer, Quality Assurance Analyst, Software Quality Assurance Engineer, Quality Assurance Manager, Supplier Quality Engineer, Software Test Engineer, QA Tester, Test Engineer, etc.