Front End Software Engineer - Data and Analytics - HTML5
/ React - Associate
As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
Front office developer within the Global DnA Data and Analytics Technology team . The successful candidate will join a front-office technology team that work in very close partnership with the Derivatives and Cash Equities trading businesses. Our current focus is on building out a new strategic data distribution platform. This is a high profile revenue growth initiative where the technology platform is a central part of the business strategy. Therefore our ability to deliver the right software is a key driver of the business' success - we consequently have a high degree of engagement with the desk at all levels of seniority . A fantastic opportunity to join an award winning technology group focused on a greenfield project .
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
• Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
• Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
• Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
• Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
• Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
• Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
• The candidate will be responsible for developing the core engine and services/API's. Technologies utilized by the team include Java, Python, HTML5
• The candidate will work closely with our highly enthusiastic business partners to ensure development efforts are focused in the right way at the right time and that they satisfy business needs for the long term
• High productivity developer
• Excellent analytical skills (i.e. problem solving)
• A solid foundation in
• Computer science
• Software engineering principles
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
© 2018 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.