Apex Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Senior Java Developer, to join a well-established software company based in Coventry.
About the company:
Our client is headquartered in the UK with additional offices in the US and Poland. This is an excellent opportunity for a Software Developer to join an industry-leading Independent Software Vendor and play an active role in our expansion within the automotive sector; specifically involved with the design, development and implementation of bespoke software solutions.
As an experienced Software Developer, you will be a highly technical, hands-on developer utilising Java based technologies. You will work closely with programme managers, Agile team facilitators, scrum masters and developers, as well as liaising with key external stakeholders.
What you will be doing:
· Visiting external stakeholders to understand their requirements, demonstrate new ideas and functionality
· Write code to enhance our array of software applications
· Supporting the delivery of multiple development projects from design through to release
· Assist Project Managers with defining delivery phases of the project including activities, sub-activities, and milestones from a development perspective
· Assist with the mitigation of risks and issues ensuring they are identified and managed closely and drive all stakeholders to deliver on time and to the required quality standards
· Work closely with relevant teams both internally and externally to ensure alignment and coordination across operations as part of the seamless implementation of existing and new systems
· Backlog grooming; supporting iteration planning; resource allocation, critical issue analysis and resolution
· Writing code to enhance our array of software applications
What we expect from you:
· Strong Java SE skills
· Ideally degree qualified in Computer Science (or similar) or be able to demonstrate equivalent working experience,
· Good communication skills.
· Strong presentation and communication skills that allow you to translate technical information effectively to non-technical audiences at a variety of organisational levels
· A keen eye for detail and a passion to follow good practices.
· Assisting to solve complex design problems or software bugs using both logical and creative approaches
· Strong understanding of unit testing as part of the software development cycle, following Test-Driven Development.
· Experience in a variety of software development approaches including Agile
· The ability to build expert knowledge within the organisation
· Be a creative and innovative thinker with the ability to bring ideas to fruition
Experience with the following technology and practices: