Platform Engineering (Devops) Technical Lead - (AWS/Terraform) 100-110 base + 25% bonus, stock options and private healthcare My London based leading fintech client is looking for a Platform Engineering Lead who has experience managing a small/medium sized team but is also still very hands on.
* Write Infrastructure code! Cleanly and with maintainability in mind using evolutionary architecture techniques
* Design and implement deployment and testing pipelines for automated provisioning of cloud infrastructure, and infrastructure support services such as monitoring, logging.
* Lead a team of platform engineers, providing technical mentorship and architectural guidance, driving technical vision, championing software quality
* Be responsible for keeping high levels of availability across the infrastructure platform, by organising around production incidents and performing root cause analysis and facilitating blameless post-mortems when necessary
* Own and manage technical debt and technical risk for the team,
* Advising and shaping Legacy migrations from on-prem data centers and older cloud environments
* Be a leader in the Engineering community of practise
* Champion agile best practices and Continuous Delivery amongst other developer teams at WorldFirst
* Collaborative, team focus. Good communication skills
* Experience working with production IaaS and PaaS clouds (AWS, Kubernetes, Azure, GCE, Rackspace, Digital Ocean, Heroku, OpenStack, CloudStack, CloudFoundry, etc.)
* Infrastructure provisioning tools (Terraform, Docker, Ansible, Packer, CloudFormation)
* An eagerness to learn enough about whatever tools or tricks are needed to get the job done
* Scripting and programming languages (such as Python, Golang, Ruby, PowerShell, etc.)
* Proficiency in building Linux and Windows systems (Ubuntu, CentOS, etc.)