CLOUD OPERATIONS ENGINEER
£600 PER DAY INSIDE IR35
We are recruiting a Cloud Operations Engineer to administrate and design cloud architecture and solutions for cloud platforms. You will have a background in design, automation, deployment and operation of cloud infrastructure. You will have experience with DevOps as well as Operation support across all services including networking, security, compute, storage and serverless. You will develop scripts to automate the deployment of Azure and build enterprise solutions using Azure as well as maintaining and supporting the cloud services platform.
- Strong Cloud Infrastructure and Networking, Hub/Spoke, Hybrids, Zones, Fwd/Rev Proxies
- Terraform / ARM Templates / Ansible
- Linux and Windows (VM images with Packer beneficial)
- Docker / Kubernetes (PaaS)
- Git/GitHub/Active Directory/IAM
Setup and manage backups, patching and AV/malware software across environments. Ideally you will have experience of automation and provisioning approaches using tools like Ansible, Bash, PowerShell, Python, C# and knowledge of configuring and managing Windows and Linux environments.
Certification advantageous e.g. Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate
Guide of expected deliverables:
- Support activities with ongoing project work, namely the Data Lake, Actimize and other Finance projects. Business hours only. This will include build out as well, where applicable.
- Author and Publish Azure policies ensuring governance and security best practice are enforced.
- Foster good practice via automation through the creation and maintenance of scripts and templates.
- Work with the internal network teams on the VPN Gateway and ExpressRoute setups.
- Build an on-boarding process and associated automation scripts for project spokes (Azure Hub-Spoke model). Self Service.
- Continuously monitor Security Centre ensuring any vulnerabilities are correctly raised, documented in 'design decisions', agreed with Cyber Security and actioned accordingly.
You'll also become part of a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do deliver. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you. If you have any questions you'd like to ask before applying, you can contact Suzanne Maby
<img src="(url removed)|label:A|&sensor=false&key=AIzaSyA1avTFqfXs_sttGUBwjK6mTjic1Y-zg2I" align="left" />
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.