Here at Hain Daniels we are currently recruiting for a Student Developer at our Histon site. Here, we manufacture a host of ambient sweet spreads and jellies for our grocery brands. These includes Hartley's jams and jellies, Gale's honey, Rose's marmalades, Sun-Pat peanut butter, and the dairy free brand Dream.
The role of the Student Developer will be to develop and deliver 'best in class' commercially viable products from approved product brief to concept sign-off, supporting the Senior Product Developer, NPD Manager, and Head of NPD.
This role is a "GAP" year placement opportunity for no more than 52 weeks.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 25th March 2020
- Formulate product concepts in line with specific briefs, ensuring factory capabilities are considered.
- Use costing tools to ensure product concepts are developed to target a raw material cost.
- Source new raw materials and specifications in conjunction with Procurement and Technical teams.
- Ensure that specifications are checked by the Technical team before the ingredient is used.
- Prepare / co-ordinate product samples and recipe / raw material / nutritional information for customer presentations.
- Conduct taste panels, and document / action next steps, comp shopping and product benchmarking or concepts versus competitor products if required.
- Assist Senior Product Developer with internal concept meetings and customer concept presentations as required.
- Create and maintain product files for all new product in accordance with procedure.
- Manage, develop and maintain the relationship
What you will need for the role / what it will take
- Working towards, or recent Graduate, in a Food related subject.
- Full UK driving license is essential, as travel across our different sites in the UK will be required. This may also include over night stays as required.
- Bright, able to think 'outside the box'.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to be flexible.
- You will describe yourself as creative, and a 'foodie' with basic culinary skills.
The Hain Daniels Group is one of the UK's leading food companies. With sales of C£500m, we create food and drink products with natural goodness at their core. We're the business behind a host of household brands - Hartley's jams and jellies, Sun-Pat peanut butters, New Covent Garden Soup Co., Linda McCartney's meat free food, and Yorkshire Provender to name a few. Nearly half of our business is private label - we create quality freshly prepared fruit and juices, desserts, soups, sweet spreads and meat free products for our retail partners.
To make it easier for everyone to lead a healthier, balanced lifestyle. Without our great team of people, this vision couldn't be our reality.
Top Talent across the UK
Over our 12 sites up and down the UK, we employ circa 3,100 people in roles within Production, Supply Chain, Product Development, Sales and Marketing, and through to our Finance, HR, IT and beyond. Each of our colleagues is vital to our continued success. That's why we target the best talent, and help to develop them through the ranks. In fact, almost a third of our vacancies were internal promotions and transfers last year.
Learning and Development
We offer Management and Leadership Development programmes appropriate to an individual's role and skill level, as well as a broad range of other training and development initiatives, including an extensive e-Learning suite to help self-serve your own development further.
If Hain Daniels sounds like the company you'd like to contribute your energy and enthusiasm towards, and come on an exciting journey with us, then we can't wait to hear from you!