Cobham Wireless are looking for a Linux Software Engineer
About Cobham Wireless
Cobham Wireless develops, manufactures and sells DAS (Distributive Antenna Systems) solutions and digital repeaters to the cellular and public safety worldwide markets.
The UK Engineering team focuses mainly on patented DAS and digital repeater solutions.
The R&D team in the UK consist of circa 20 system architecture, hardware, software and firmware, and mechanical engineers and programmers developing the next generation DAS and digital repeaters including on-board train repeaters.
The engineering team provides engineering support to the outsourced production lines.
Technology includes: RF, digital, software and mechanical design and development, cellular and public safety technologies, wireless system engineering, providing cellular and public safety standards and certification processes.
This role is based in Marlow, Buckinghamshire
As a Linux Software Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- BSc in Computer science/Computer engineering
- Proven experience in Linux development
- Proven experience in Arm-Linux development
- Proven experience in C\C++
- Proven experience in UBOOT , Installation packages
- Proven experience in SHELL Scripts
- Familiarity with embedded Systems
- Familiarity with SQL and relational DB concepts
- Familiarity with SNMP - advantage
- Excellent communication skills
- Capable of self-learning and working in a challenging environment
- Strong design skills and independence
- Good communication skills, proven ability to work in project teams and sharing knowledge.
- Fast learning and understanding technologies.
- Confidence to work independently
- Must be able to work effectively in high pressure environment.
- Prepared to travel abroad
As a Linux Software Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Support and Develop Arm-Linux Infrastructures.
- Design and implement Device Drivers and business logic services
- Maintain and enhance existing products and all internal systems are integrated.
- Perform complete testing of new services\drivers and installation
- Support ATE team
- Support SQA\Operation teams
- Being part of SW team
- responsible for designing and developing Arm-Linux Infrastructures and backend components
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page