The Innovation Team is at the core of innovation and emerging technology development, discovery, deployment and support activity. Our team is leading the effort to digitally enable our business. Our mission is to develop disruptive & innovative technologies and products that drive the evolution of how we deliver our services now and in the future. The key technology domains we are currently focused on include business process automation, data curation, industrialized analytics, machine learning & AI and scalable delivery platform.
A career in our Tax Technology Innovation practice, within Innovation services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients’ tax departments redesign, redefine, and redeploy tax to be a strategic asset across the enterprise. You’ll focus on assisting clients incorporate increased automation in the tax reporting process, increase analytic capabilities through data integration, and create solid internal controls that will enable the Tax function to deliver better quality output and contribute more strategically to organisational decision making.
Our team develops complex software capabilities leveraging the latest in technology to meet today’s hard business problems. You’ll focus on providing highly customisable platforms across the tax practice through research, development, and integration to build adaptable enterprise capabilities. It’s our mission to identify, apply and drive innovation through the application of ground-breaking and unique technologies to set PwC apart from the competition.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
- Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Focus on building trusted relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
As a Lead RPA Developer you will be joining our Tax Technology Consulting team which enables the development and adoption of new technologies within the Tax line of service.
You will be focused on designing and building end to end automation process solutions using UI Path and other technologies that meet our business requirements for process improvement. You will work within project planning constraints, owning development solutions and have a high level of exposure to a wide range of stakeholders at all levels of the business.
The RPA Developer will use their programming background and experience to deliver automation solutions, based on pre-defined and explained requirements, co-creating solutions with the functional or technical process experts.
- Leads a team of junior RPA developers
- Develops the automation of PwC internal and client business processes.
- Keeps the RPA Technology Lead up to date with the status of development, issues and impact on related development / projects.
- Develops and delivers high quality automated processes to agreed specifications within the PwC RPA Framework, creating reusable knowledge assets for each automation project.
- Utilises the Agile methodology to deliver automations, working alongside the users, subject-matter-experts, analysts and project manager to understand, assess, replay and deliver business process automations to agreed specifications and meeting the business requirements.
- Ensures documentation is well maintained.
- Ensures quality of coded components by performing thorough unit testing.
- Works collaboratively with testers during the UAT phases to fix assigned bugs with quality.
- Reports status, issues and risks to technology leads on a regular basis
- Improves skills in automation products by completing automation certification.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- At least a year of hands-on experience with RPA Tools, including UiPath. However, individuals with an interest in RPA and 3-5 years of experience in other programming-related role will be considered too.
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Great networking skills and the ability to influence outside of own department / team
- Self-motivated, team player, action and results oriented.
- Keen to learn and to keep up with new technologies
- Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience of Process Automation / Integration IT Projects
- Experience working with a Business Analyst to understand Business Requirements
- Experience with process, license and robot management.
- Certified in UiPath or any other RPA tool
We’re one of the world’s leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
To apply, please visit our website via the button below.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity