Company Overview – Senior Developer
Our client is made up of four companies, a specialist group of companies, providing a unique service of financial benefits to contractor and corporate clients.
Our client recognises that the success as a Group is shaped by the success of their people, so they believe in developing their employees – aiming to create opportunities and careers rather than jobs.
The business is dynamic and fast paced, constantly evolving to ensure they always remain compliant with current and planned legislation; their innovative leadership team continually improving the position as a high performing organisation.
Our client look to hire individuals who are keen to be challenged, are hungry for success and who will share their passion for working in an energetic and motivated environment.
Position Overview – Senior Developer
As part of a growing Development team, the Senior Developer will be required to help further advance our clients internal systems, in addition to working on the exciting new client-facing platform. This platform will integrate with both the internal financial systems and third party systems and will provide a variety of financial services products to their client base via website and smartphone applications.
The position will primarily support back-end development, however there will be exposure to the full stack, with a mostly agile approach to project and system development with plenty of opportunities to learn and develop.
Principal Responsibilities – Senior Developer
- This position will be instrumental in maintaining and developing new service and workflow driven web applications. The successful candidate will be expected to work to best practice, deliver on time and continue to progress and learn within the role.
- Deliver to defined timelines in order to meet business requirements
- Supporting and training other members of the Development team
- Working with the Senior Lead Developer to work within project timelines and budgets
- Provide feedback to management of potential improvements to existing procedures and systems
- Work as part of a system and wider team to achieve the departmental standards and objectives
- Work effectively with other departments within the Group to maintain excellent standards of service
- Maintain an excellent level of understanding and knowledge of the Groups’ products and services in order to fully understand process and delivering requirements
- Take responsibility for own personal development in line with agreed performance objectives
- Support colleagues and team members with investigating and resolving product and services issues.
Background / Experience Required – Senior Developer
- .Net (.Net 4+, C#, Web API, ASP.Net MVC)
- Commercial Angular 2/4 experience
- Good SQL server knowledge
- Design Patterns, N Tier Architecture, Testing, Agile principles
- Great communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Experience working in Agile development environments
- Experience of interacting with key business stakeholders
- Experience with Azure
- IONIC Framework
- Financial industry background
- Angular (Angular 2 preferred)