Runpath (www.Runpath.com) is a fast growing, independent, London based, technology company. We are passionate about delivering high quality products and outstanding digital experiences for our users. We service clients including Compare The Market, GoCompare, Which?, Confused.com. Yahoo!, AOL, MSN, BT and many more.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Front End Developer to join our team here at Runpath.
As a member of our highly experienced technical team you will be helping to deliver cutting edge solutions for a variety of internal and external clients. Specifically, as a Front End Developer, you’ll have a passion for building rich, interactive user experiences for applications that run on multiple devices. Ultimately we’re after someone who is flexible, a fast learner, loves to solve problems and enjoys getting products to market.
About our Technology
Our technology stack of choice is Angular backed by client solutions and platform services all hosted on Azure built using the latest Microsoft .NET technologies: (.NET Core/MVC/Web API/Entity Framework/SQL Azure).
- Create exciting and usable user interfaces on both the web and mobile web using Angular, HTML and CSS.
- Work closely with the product development teams (designers, product/project managers, developers and business sponsors) to deliver solutions in an agile environment.
- Deliver functional user experiences that match business requirements and design briefs
- Ensure efficiency of page load speed, page weight, and code simplicity
- Provide accurate technical estimates for development time-frames
- Research interface possibilities and next-generation web/mobile technologies
- As some projects are conducted at client sites, candidates must be happy to travel.
- Extensive Angular experience (exposure to Angular 5)
- Hand coding XHTML and HTML 5, CSS 3 and cross-browser compatibility
- CSS pre-processors (SASS)
- Task runners (GULP) experience a plus
- Strong experience of building functional and aesthetically pleasing UIs
- Visual Studio, experience with MVC .NET a plus
- Delivering responsive user experiences using custom media queries or frameworks such as Bootstrap
- jQuery framework and plugins customisation
- Confident in testing for multiple browsers and devices using Developer Tools or similar
- Optimising the code using progressive enhancement and accessibility good practices (WCAG2 AA)
- Agile development methodology
- Experience with version control systems (TFS)
- Test driven development experience (Karma, Protractor)
- Native iOS, Android a plus but not required
- Typescript and ES6 a plus
- Module loaders (System.js or Webpack) a plus
- Template engines (Pug/Jade) a plus
- Outstanding taste. A passion for stunning and seamlessly functional user interfaces
- Someone who loves getting things done
- Excellent analytic and problem solving skills
- Exceptional at collaborating with both technical and non-technical people
- Highly organised with a strong eye for detail
- Good with feedback, continually looking to improve and develop
- Sense of humour
Education and Job Knowledge
- No specific academic qualifications required - all you need is the right experience, the right attitude and a really strong portfolio
Salary & Benefits
Competitive market rate salary based on experience.
Benefits include 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays. Life, PHI and BUPA private health insurances, bike scheme and travel loan plus many more. All benefits are available from first day of employment.
Please make sure you include your CV, a detailed cover letter along with recent examples of your work (make sure you provide links).
This position will be based at our offices on Old Street, London although travel within the UK may be required from time to time. All candidates must be eligible to work in the UK to be considered.
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of race, disability, sex or age, and we confirm that we will gladly accept applications from any persons for this role.