Market research is the original data driven business. Incubated and spun-off from a university, we have earned the trust of the world´s biggest companies and leading brands - for more than 80 years. Today, everything at GfK starts and ends with Data and Science
We are proud of our heritage – and our future: Currently we’re on a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by cutting edge technology. In our Technology & Data organization, we are responsible for the entire lifecycle of our data-driven products.
You still think Market Research is about questionnaires aggregated with Excel?
We are building end-to-end, data-driven products using high performance computing solutions on top of our own big data environments that collect, pipeline, mine and aggregate data at petabyte-scale.
And we, the Global Data Science team, sit right there in the engine room, developing innovative and prescriptive analytics solutions in an agile way, using our unique data assets. A perfect playground for creative minds who have fun shaping things!
Our projects are challenging - so it's quite likely you need to leave your comfort zone to deliver compelling solutions. Fortunately, we have a team of over 30 Scientist with very diverse backgrounds. So you'll always find someone who is able and happy to help. In our team, everybody is eager to learn - and share!
Now, we are extending our team to London and YOU can be a part of this journey setting up the team while already being part of large network of Data Scientists within GfK.
This is only possible with extraordinary people.
And that’s why we are looking for YOU! A passionate Senior Data Scientist
In our Technology & Data business unit, we are responsible for the entire lifecycle of our data-driven products and the division Global Data Science is an essential part of it.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be part of a cross-functional development team, providing guidance and vision to other data scientists, and working hands-on with machine learning engineers, developers and client solution experts on delivering our end-2-end analytic solutions that will make us the indispensable data and analytics partner for the durable goods and technology industries.
At GfK, we develop our offerings with an agile mindset, which requires you to actively contribute to all phases of the solution development. It will be your responsibility to translate the product vision into data/analytic/algorithmic requirements, to conduct PoCs and to build prototypes, and at a later stage to work on high-performance implementations.
In that position, you’ll be looked after by Markus, who is an experienced Data Science team lead
with more than 10 years track record in creating analytic solutions that matter.
However, Markus is really into football, but not just the European but also the American version. So whether your favorite ball is oval or spherical, he is your go to guy for a proper expert chat.
Concrete tasks will include:
- Design and develop analytical approaches based on product concepts, going all the way from feasibility checks to proof-of-concepts to prototypes to implementation in end-to-end solutions
- Manage and coordinate Data Science projects, i.e. defining user stories and specific tasks working closely with Product Owners and Product Managers
- Closely collaborate with machine learning engineers/ software engineers on creating data-driven end-to-end solutions for marketers
- Help setup our new London based Data Science team
- Present GfK’s Data Science capabilities in client-facing situations, at conferences and in workshops
- Actively share Data Science knowledge within GfK's Technology and Data network
We look for a profile with complementary skills, such as:
- Expert knowledge of Python programming, including pySpark
- Solid skills with regard to working in Big Data environments (e.g., Cloudera Hadoop, Hortonworks Data Platform, AWS EMR, Map/Reduce, Hive)
- Expert knowledge of the constantly evolving Data Science ecosystem and its frameworks (e.g., Hadoop, Spark MLlib, H2O, Tensorflow, Torch, Theano)
- Basic skills with regard to performance optimization and scalability (e.g., parallelization, code optimization, containerization, function as a service)
- Expert skills with regard to database handling, in particular SQL, NoSQL
- Expert statistical modeling skills / knowledge on predictive analytics would be a plus
- Expert knowledge of optimization and / or machine learning algorithms and / or deep learning algorithms
- Solid understanding of Big Data Architectures
- PhD or Master degree that reflects strong modeling, statistics and IT skills.
- 4+ years of professional experience in quantitative data analysis/ data science or related areas
On top, your English communication skills are great, you are a team-player and tech-obsessed, always on the hunt for the latest and hottest shots!
Why else GfK?
- Any advantages of a Global Player combined with an agile start-up atmosphere
- Ongoing development training programs
- Flexible working time on request
- 25 days holiday per year
- Occupational pensions
- Prolonged Disability Insurance and Life Assurance
- Long service awards
- Season ticket loan
Our doors in our newly built open-concept office space are open for everyone and we are free of stereotyped thinking. The power of our team grows with the variety of individual perspectives and that’s why we need YOU!
Let’s design and shape our exciting future together. Right here. Right now. Together!
Just send an email to Maximilian