You may be wondering why you’ve landed on Stack Overflow? We realise that in order to find the best tech talent out there, we have to go to where they live. And that’s on Stack!
Manchester. Barclays Digital. Where the best talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today’s demands, answer tomorrow’s questions and redefine the future of finance.
Do you like breaking things?
How about taking meticulously crafted, handcoded software and really breaking it?
If so read on.
Due to exciting growth across our dedicated Channels Engineering team we are looking to continue to grow our market leading Technology offering with multiple dedicated Test Engineers.
With skills working in an Agile development environment using Automation tools you will be tasked with testing Java based multichannel applications within our “best in class” Channels Engineering team as we drive towards a fully automated Agile testing function.
Told you you’d get to break stuff.
These roles will be based from our Digital Satellite Office in Central Manchester.
- Working as a hands on automation tester in the full End to End software testing lifecycle to ensure defects are kept at an absolute minimum across both Functional and Automated Testing
- Ability to advise on tooling usage and effectiveness
- Hands on Unit and API testing
- Ability to work in an agile environment with the development teams, including hands on coding responsibilities
- Assisting in construction of testing frameworks in Java
- Working to facilitate E2E testing within a Test/Behaviour Driven Development environment
- Proven experience in Digital or Web Automation using different automation tools and frameworks.
- Knowledge of automated testing, continuous integration and deployment tools and practices.
- Testing across multiple browsers
- Automated test data creation
- Cucumber, Selenium, Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket or similar ALM tools eg Agilecontrol
- Ability to code, ideally in Java, JQuery, JSON, XML
- REST Client, SOAP UI
- Browser Stack or similar
- Experience of working within Financial Services
- Experience of working within a regulatory driven change environment
- ISEB/ISTQB Qualifications
- MicroServices/Domain Driven Architectures
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.