Responsible for the design, development, and implementation of new ETL/ELT jobs to extract data from operational systems into the EDW and Big Data Platform. Implement ETL designs that has been optimized to meet operational performance requirements in accordance to sound architecture, design and development standards. Design optimal performance strategy, and manage technical metadata across all ETL/ELT jobs.
Functional (job responsibilities)
- Design and code ETL/ELT programs
- Develop load scripts using Teradata, Informatica, ODI , SSIS utilities and SQL
- Develop Stored Procedures and Scheduling processes
- Prototype applications with subject matter experts
- Unit test programs, processes, and job streams
- Prepare data extracts using loading utilities and SQL
- Design and code ad-hoc query and summary table requests
- Assist in establishing and following transformation standards in order to maintain data integrity within the data warehouse
- Run and monitor database utilities
- Follow database utility execution strategies
- 2 nd level support for night batch
- Conduct requirements gathering and design sessions with internal customers.
- Advise the internal customers on best practice and be able to suggest and deliver optimal solutions to fit the business needs.
- Communicate solutions and follow processes to keep customers up to date on system developments.
- Seek and capture data requirements from users and work closely with the BI team to identify and enrich data in the EDW.
- Prepare documentation to ensure all change management, release management and governance processes are adhered to
- Develop project documentation according to PMM requirements
Organizational (organizational responsibilities)
- Manage own workload and work with the relevant colleagues and customers to prioritise enhancements.
- Work with the Head of EDW Section and internal users to understand business requirements and challenges and translate them into technical requirements and implementations.
- Work with the REST of the EIM department and fully support them in their roles
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline with IT focus
- 3 years or more of experience in delivering ETL/ELT solutions (preferably in Financial Services).
- Knowledge of Teradata data warehouse architecture and toolset capabilities and information management best practices is highly desirable.
- Extensive knowledge in SQL.
- Knowledge in the following:
- Database : Teradata 13 / 14 (MS SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 will be an added advantage)
- Systems : MS Windows, (Linux/Unix will be an added advantage)
- Utilities : Informatica , ODI and Teradata Utilities such as mload, fastload, fastexport, bteq
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent documentation skills and technical writing abilities
- Attention to detail
- Wide problem-solving and troubleshooting capabilities
- Team player, always willing to help / support team efforts
- Able and willing to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ready to take initiative / leadership should the situation requires
- Teradata 13 / 14 Certification
- Informatica Certification
- ODI Certification
- TDWI Certified Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP)