Loot is on a mission to shake up the finance industry by empowering young people to know more about their spending, so they can do more with their money. Young people often lack the funds to live the life and have the experience they desire. We believe that with better insights into their spending, a product tailored to their financial needs, and a brand they can truly identify with, young people can have greater financial security and afford the life they want.
You’ll join an ambitious & playful team with diverse & interesting backgrounds, unified by our purpose: to give young people freedom & security in their choices in life. You’ll be working in our central London location, right next to the Thames – often joined by a four-legged furry friend (or two!).
We cultivate a workspace where everyone is welcomed regardless their sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion etc. Diversity of our background and experience creates a pleasant environment for our employees and leads to building even better product.
Hack and Build Fast – We are true to our challenger brand origins: we’re bold, move fast and apply original thinking to everything we do. We’re less afraid of making mistakes than missing out on opportunities.
Assume Positive Intent – We create strong & honest relationships between everyone working in or with Loot. We see the best in each other, as we know we are all here on the same mission.
Show Your Character – Life happens when we’re busy working, so we make sure we have a good time – we work hard and laugh harder. We work to build & maintain an inclusive, diverse and playful company culture, where our employees are never afraid to be themselves!
No Egos – Loot had unique beginnings: a company of friends without hierarchy or ego. We want to preserve this culture as Loot grows: we don’t pull rank, we are open, honest & humble, and believe that ideas are more important than job titles.
Act Fearlessly – Whilst we’re not reckless, we embrace our creativity and take risks. We explore big ideas, even if they initially seem too ambitious or crazy. Everyone at Loot has the space to be heard and speak freely.
Accountability – Internally, we hold each other accountable to advance our mission and the decisions we make. Externally, we enable young people to hold themselves accountable for their spending, so that they are empowered to make their own choices in life.
About the Role
This is an exciting role for a highly ambitious person to join our marketing team as Product Marketing Specialist. As a Product Marketing Specialist you will be responsible for developing positioning, messaging, competitive differentiation and enabling the REST of the marketing team to promote the product to drive maximum adoption and engagement. You will lead and deliver the go-to-market strategies for all features and products and drive demand, adoption and engagement in our products.
As a Product Marketing Specialist, you will:
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates new features from others in the market and align all areas of the business.
- Communicate value of new features to teams including marketing, sales and customer operations to help facilitate the adoption and engagement of each feature.
- Plan and take part in the launch of new products and features and brief all necessary areas (e.g PR, Paid etc)
- Through interviews, surveys, focus groups and sales data, gain insight into customer use of current products, untapped opportunities and buyer personas and develop a powerful voice of the customer.
- Lead product content creation (e.g videos, emails etc)
- Propose budget to HoM and manage product marketing budget
- Research competitor offerings and react when appropriate
- Suggesting the timescales for development of new products with product management, engineering or manufacturing departments
- Identify and develop product education initiatives and opportunities to ensure our customers are always able to easily realise the full value of our products.
We’re looking for:
- Experience producing collateral for a B2C audience
- Ability to work well in cross-functional teams
- Being a creative writer and thinker – with impressive examples of your work and its effectiveness
- Analytical rigour, outstanding attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for research and obtaining consumer insight – you have an interest in new technologies and in the power of consumer data and insights as foundations for business growth
- Cognitive intelligence – You can think on your feet, seeing all the angles to best position our product to best fit our personal needs
- Start-up attitude – You’re comfortable in a rapidly changing environment where things can plans can change quickly.
Important: We want to be transparent with our candidates. Here you can see how Loot will process information about you.
PLEASE NOTE: Loot will only accept applications from candidates legally allowed to work in the UK. We will not be providing visa sponsorships for this role.
- Central London location – seconds away from the Thames
- Market rate salaries
- Private Health Care including Dental, Vision and Counselling
- Annual Loot summit! Previous trips include a week in Poland & 4 days in Bristol. Where will we go next?
- Games room, complete with Mario Kart & a ping pong table (if you fancy challenging someone and bringing it out!).
- Apple tech setup (Macbook Air, MacBook Pro or iMac — dependent on role) — along with a desktop screen.
- Events for equality, diversity and inclusion; recent events include Pride month & International Women’s Day.
- Monthly ‘Forced Fun Fridays’ — check out our ‘Life at Loot’ instagram page to see what has been done before!
- Endless supply of freshly ground coffee and EBT (English Breakfast Tea).
- Dog friendly office!
- A balance of focus and motivation with chill out and fun. Whether that’s a drink in the local, organising an after work run or grabbing something to eat with ‘lunch buddies’ across the business.