Solution Architect / Consultant
A Solution Architect / Consultant is required for my client who are a leading MSP (managed service provider) servicing clients across the public sector / central government / finance / LLP space as well as a Microsoft / Citrix / HP / DELL / Oracle Gold Partner.
As a Solution Architect / Consultant this role will be 60% at client sites across the South East region / 40% working from home with ad-hoc attendance to the Surrey based HQ.
As a Solution Architect / Consultant you will receive the following benefits:
* £5k Car Allowance
* Mileage paid from home to client site
* Free Car Parking
* High Street retail & leisure reward scheme (savings or cash back)
* 23 days A/L plus bank holidays
* Volunteer Day
* Eye care vouchers
Solution Architect / Consultant Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Travel to client sites and carry out all phases of project work for new and existing clients.
* Provide Pre-Sales technical support for range of solutions and services.
* Work as part of Professional Services, providing consultancy both on-site and remotely as required to clients and internal departments
As a Solution Architect / Consultant you will have:
* You have a genuine interest and passion in technology
* 3+ Years of client facing consultancy experience
* 7+ years’ experience of one or more of the following specialism:
* Microsoft; Core Infrastructure & Business Productivity – Microsoft Cloud, SCCM, Windows, Active Directory, Exchange, SQL
* Citrix – App Virtualisation & VDI, and Networking – XenApp, XenDesktop, Provisioning Services, Sharefile, XenMobile, NetScaler, SD-WAN
* Excellent customer facing skills
* Ability to work independently
* Requirement to travel across the UK to client sites on a regular basis, staying away if necessary.
Solution Architect / Consultant main tasks and responsibilities:
* You will advise on the available standards, methods, tools and applications relevant to your own specialism and make appropriate choices from alternatives. You will be involved with all phases of project work including performing analysis, creating designs, building, planning, executing and evaluating work to time, cost and quality targets.
* Assess and evaluate risk.
* Communicate effectively, both formally and informally.
* Demonstrate leadership.
* Facilitate collaboration between stakeholders who have diverse objectives.
* You will take responsibility for understanding client requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and problem resolution. Identify, evaluate and recommend options, implementing if required. Collaborate with, and facilitate stakeholder groups, as part of formal or informal consultancy agreements.
* You will co-ordinates the identification and assessment of new and emerging hardware, software and communication technologies, products, methods and techniques.
* Evaluate likely relevance of these for and provides regular briefings to staff and management.
* You will lead the development of architectures for complex systems, ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed with both external, and internal customers.
* Take responsibility for the delivery of service transition plans and setup tasks for new managed service customers, such as connectivity, monitoring and management solutions.
* Working alongside other transition project staff such as Project Managers, Professional Services and Managed Services Operations Centre (MSOC) people. Activities will include knowledge transfer sessions, completing the defined process for the handover of services to MSOC and the completion of required documentation (for MSOC staff to use for on-going service delivery).
* Working with specific managed service customers, you will take a lead role in the strategic, project and operational delivery of the Managed Service (as necessitated by your role and the work required). This will include the delivery of transition projects for existing managed service customers.