Manager, Business Intelligence, IT Application (Analyst)
About the role:
- The BI Analyst is responsible for managing all projects from a technical perspective and should be able to understand business challenges & translate them into requirements/solutions.
- He/ She is expected to assist the Section Head in the managing of team members and coordinating team assignment and activities.
- Will also be expected to work very closely with the Business Analysts on the team and a large set of customers to understand end user expectations.
- Designing, developing, and implementing complex BI solutions, relational and multi-dimensional data models, and administration of the BI environment using the tools required stated in Jobholder requirements below
- Supervising the ongoing development efforts of other team members on a day to day basis.
- Maintain and roll out consistent reporting and analytic standards.
- Provide technical leadership to a team of technical developers on BI Tools and technology.
- Analyse and perform query fine tuning SQL for Teradata, SAS and SQL Server.
- Interacting with customers and helping them realize their optimum BI solution and information delivery vehicle.
- Conduct requirements gathering and design sessions with customers
- Leading small teams with responsibility for task delegation, supervision and status reporting
- Meeting and exploring opportunities with prospects, developing proposals
- Monitor assign technical tasks of the team and ensure deliverables are delivered within the project timeline
- Prepare documentation to ensure all change management, release management and governance processes are adhered to
- Develop project documentation
- Operational Support of the jobs and reports generation
- Diploma / Degree in InformationTechnology or similar areas
- Teradata or SAS Certification is highly desirable
- Knowledge in Enterprise Data Warehouse architecture & capabilities, BI reporting tools and information management best practices is highly desirable with more than 3 years of experience in this area and overall experience of 5 years or more
- Applicants with strong SAS tools experience and knowledge (administering and development) are also strongly encouraged to apply
- Strong SQL skill
- Experience in BI tool administration and fine tuning the BI environment for optimum performance enhancements.
- Experience in working on implementing complex BI solutions in support of a large customer base.
- Knowledge in the following will be added advantage but any similar tools are also considered:
- Databases : Teradata, MS SQL Server
- Systems : Linux/Unix, MS Windows
- ETL tools (e.g. Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), Informatica); SSIS; Teradata Utilities (mload, fastload, fastexport, bteq)
- Reporting tools: SAS Web Reporting; Sqlserver Reporting (SSRS)