Application Specialist - IFS
Nottingham/ Glasgow – Remote working
6 month contract
Our client is looking for an Application Specialist to work remotely on a 6 month contract with requirements to attend meetings at different sites. You will be required to support the application and technology stack across the N&ES Business Unit throughout the application lifecycle; conception to retirement. This is to include development, maintenance, support and upgrade.
• Educated to Degree level or equivalent
• Full driving licence
• SC Clearance (Desirable)
• Background of operating in Highly Regulated and / or Defence Industry (Desirable)
• Experience of supporting High Availability and Critical Systems (Desirable)
• Good knowledge of IFS 7 SP3.5 – Centura/IEE ERP Application Suite including;
• Centura client
• IEE & Web Portals : Foundation
• Service Management
• Good knowledge of Programming Languages, Libraries & DBMS including;
• Oracle Application Express (APEX)
• Oracle (8i-11g), MS SQL Server, Java (Oracle JVM)
• Good knowledge of Tools, Applications & principles including:
• PL/SQL Developer, Oracle SQL Developer, Visual Studio 6 - 2013, SSMS, SSRS, Client-Server, Agile
• Worked in a challenging and complex organisation and demonstrable experience of supporting business and technical change
• Ability to deal with and manage conflict whilst building successful business relationships across a range of stakeholder groups
• Experience of working with / through problems and issues to meet agreed SLAs
• Managing the resolution queue of IT software application issues and problems through a Service Desk platform
• Understanding the alignment between technical applications and business requirements
• Prioritise 2nd and 3rd line problems and issues to ensure Land Applications Services are delivered.
• Provide technical input for key projects
• Ensure the controlled configuration of applications
• Follow processes and best practice to ensure configuration and development of solutions are testable and traceable
• Identify new ways to exploit functionality in applications in accordance with the application roadmap
• Ensure any changes are agreed with the stakeholder community and align with the IT strategy
• Provide consistent application and systems documentation through all of the application lifecycle
• Be prepared to provide out of hours support as per the Ts&Cs of the contract
• Carry out any other appropriate task that may be required
• Be responsible for their own Health and Safety and that of work colleagues and also trainees in their care
• The nature of the Land business requires a high degree of flexibility for all staff; there may be a requirement for travel between sites within the UK.
• Ensure that applications perform to contracted KPIs and SLAs
• Ensure that applications are managed in line with the LAND Application Portfolio and Lifecycle
• Maintain application documentation and RAID log
• Maintain robust change management process and procedures and develop / update the Change Log (Change and Release)
At First Recruitment Group we understand how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for any Application Specialist’s looking to work for a reputable organisation.