As a Senior Developer, you'll be responsible for delivering quality software to tight timelines, working on a cross-asset (FX, Commodities, Equities, Credit and Rates) risk management and structured products trading platform to support the bank's fast-growing financial markets business. This is a rare opportunity to get into an organization working with smart, great technologists globally in financial markets domain.
Qualification & Skills
- 8+ years hands on development with investment banking IT experience
- Java (essential), SCALA/Haskell is an advantage
- Hadoop, Cassandra or Spark experience is a plus.
- Development experience on functional language, such as Haskell, is a plus.
- SCRUM and Agile.
- Financial Market domain knowledge
- Investment banking is a strong plus
- Structured/Derivatives business is a plus
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Proactive, self starter, autonomous
- Good team spirit
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple assignments
- Strong architectural and engineering background with experience of delivery.
- Strong Java and Oracle skills.
- Strong knowledge and previous experience in end-to-end design, development and subsequent support of large scale data processing systems built on Oracle.
- Familiarity and confidence working in an "agile" development environment.
- Who can drive / facilitate the requirements and development effort with the business.
The culture is open, intellectual, and fun. Learning opportunities are plentiful: organized classes and seminars; freewheeling discussions; intensive one-on-one mentorships. Career advancement is always waiting for those high-energized talents to pursue.
Allegis Group Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency as set out in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. It is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, Talentis Solutions, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available at https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice at https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. If you are resident in the UK, EEA or Switzerland, we will process any access request you make in accordance with our commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.