Interested in working for a Forbes Top-100 Best Employer and Top-100 Most Innovative Business?
Reed Business Information is seeking a high-calibre and ambitious Software Engineer. Our Development roles will place you into the heart of dynamic, best-of-breed technology teams working with the latest technologies on an international scale. In every case you will receive a tailored blend of technical, commercial, and soft-skills training/coaching and a carefully mapped career development path.
Working with the latest web technologies (AngularJS, NodeJS, Java, .Net), database technologies (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB) and methodologies (Scrum , Kanban, TDD, BDD, DevOps and Continuous Deployment) to name just a few, our Software Engineers work closely with their customers to create innovative and market leading products for clients across the world.
- Computer Science degree level education or equivalent
- Object Oriented programming language skills (preferably C#)
- Relational Database exposure
- A passion in problem solving
- Hunger for picking up new technologies
- A Commitment to self-improvement
- Web Development experience
Nice to have:
- Statistical Analysis
- NoSQL and distributed database experience
- Data transformation
What makes us better than the rest?
There are all sorts of graduate roles out there but we are confident that few (if any) can match the combination of benefits that we offer; here are a few examples:
• Training: In addition to formal technical training we offer extensive soft-skills training and an on-going mentoring program. We also offer bespoke tech and soft-skills sessions to allow you to really fulfil your potential.
• Global Reach: Whichever discipline you choose to follow you will be working on an international scale. We want our graduates to understand not just their own function, but also how a global business operates and interacts.
• Work-life balance: It’s a well-known fact that commercial life can be stressful but we want you to enjoy yourself and to be happy and relaxed in your work. This doesn’t mean that you won’t be ‘stretched’ and encouraged, it simply means that we know that balance is important.
• Culture/Social: It’s not all about work, we also encourage a strong social side to working here right through from Graduate drinks and dinner get-togethers to our annual end-of-year extravaganza! We also run a variety of charity groups and encourage everybody to get involved – we even give you two extra ‘charity days’ each year on top of 29 days holiday!
• Structured career planning: Feedback tells us that a lot of graduate schemes start off promisingly but then peter-out with grads left with little idea of what’s ahead or the training to allow them to progress. We have a dedicated two-year fast-track program designed to facilitate fast learning and development with regular training and coaching sessions and frequent pay-reviews.
And what about your career after the scheme finishes?
Career development is a big thing for us and we take out PDP (personal development plan) process very seriously; we want you to learn and progress quickly in the direction you want to go and we’ll provide you with the training and support to achieve that at the right pace. The great thing about us career-wise is that we’re a company made up of leading online businesses so you can develop in three dimensions, vertically through the business, across different brands, and across different functions (if you fancy a change). We’re also an increasingly global business and are often able to offer overseas opportunities either as secondments or on a permanent basis.
Women in technology:
RBI is very supportive of women in Technology and has been a founding signature for the Tech Talent Charter. Currently 24% of our Technology workforce are women which is much higher than the UK average of 17%. We have the following initiatives in place to support women in technology:
- Mentoring scheme for women in technology
- Women’s network forum
- Regularly run events for schools girl about careers in technology to inspire the next generation of girls in tech.
RBI proudly support the Tech Talent Charter.
RBI are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.