Role Title: Specialist Engineer
Business: Information Technology
New or Existing Role? Existing
Specialist Unix and Development Tools Engineer to support and improve GBM IT development tools estate, focussing on areas like tool integration, automation, metrics/monitoring, containerisation, virtualisation, continuous deployment & agile development.
Key role in a small globally distributed team of engineers/developers responsible for GBM development tooling, including maintenance, performance, stability, integration and reporting. Our estate is currently Jira, Confluence, Crowd, Stash, Git, Nexus, Team City, Sonarqube, Fisheye, Crucible & Subversion – as well as supporting adoption & delivery of new solutions around tools like Puppet, Ansible, Consul, Vault, Docker & Kubernetes. The team is also participating in external cloud pilots on GCP, and have AWS hosting planned for Q4 2018.
The team is widely recognised as a centre of excellence, and is effectively driving change into GBM & the wider organisation. We have a track record of success & innovation, and continue to press the boundaries of the possible in HSBC.
We value technical enthusiasm and a desire to learn a range of languages, technologies and skills.
Lead the engineering effort – supporting our estate and driving change.
Impact on Business
- Engineering, prototyping and evaluating different technical solutions and IT processes
- Provide technical support on tooling platforms which include JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, Nexus, TeamCity, Jenkins, etc. to global GBM IT teams
- Provide training and consultancy services to global GBM IT teams on different IT tooling solutions
- Team Leading/planning and orchestrating projects, running POC's
- Presenting to groups of people on topics relating to the role
Deliver better solutions in a conservative organisation. Automate everything.