Strong programming skills in modern Web Technology such as Angular 2 or higher, TypeScript, HTML, CSS, d3.js, NodeJS, ag-grid, Webpack, Karma, Jasmine, etc.
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
You are a Web Engineer who is passionate about building high quality software which is intuitive and efficient to use, visually appealing and inspires end user delight. You take extraordinary pride in seeing your vision come to life in the hands of a user. You are curious and like working with people that make brave decisions and love to learn new things. You love people that recognize team strength comes from diverse and inclusive thinking and behaviors. You are looking for the opportunity to grow both technically and as an individual through experience and education.
The position is within the Investment Systems Development team who are responsible for technology utilized by Researchers, Portfolio Managers, Traders, Risk Managers, Compliance Officers and Investment Operations.
This technology helps our clients generate alpha, handle beta, construct portfolios, source and manage liquidity, execute trades, and understand portfolio and enterprise exposures. Additionally, the team is responsible for the main workflows of Self investment process i.e. raising orders, checking compliance, placing and filling orders with the Street, booking trade allocations, confirming trades with counterparties, and settling transactions at custodians. Investment Systems works closely with leaders in the Business to ensure we are commercializing and delivering our capabilities to the wider Community.
We have teams that are:
- passionate about technology, and like to pursue complex problems
- build solutions for both BlackRock and over 100 organizations who use the Aladdin eco-system
- work with the latest Web Technology and operate in an agile environment
- committed to open source, and want to contribute back to the community
- believe in writing testable software, with a focus on incremental innovation
- Bachelor’s Degree educated, or higher
- hands-on coder with lots of experience, including successes and failures
- Strong programming skills in modern Web Technology such as Angular 2 or higher, TypeScript, HTML, CSS, d3.js, NodeJS, ag-grid, Webpack, Karma, Jasmine, etc.
- advanced knowledge of multithreading or multi-process development – essential knowledge in enterprise development
- SQL/NoSQL data modelling
- A real passion for Automated Testing – unit, integration, regression
- Experienced user of Git, Maven, Jenkins, and CI/CD
- At ease discussing Object-Oriented Analysis, and Design, including an opinion on Design Patterns
- Distributed caching experience is a plus
- An Excellent analytical/problem solving skills.
- Able to express ideas or analysis with clarity
- Able to deliver high level of service through responsiveness and accuracy
- Versatile, flexible, and willing to work with changing priorities
- Work with teams in multi-office, multi-country environments across several time zones
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- ability to handle priorities and workflow with efficiency
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.