IT Operations Technician – Competitive Salary – Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire
(Hosting, Kubernetes, Cloud, Azure, Windows Server, Linux)
We are looking for an experienced IT Operations Technician to join our Development Team. This role will report directly to the CTO and there is some scope to increase the size of the team at a later date and the opportunity for this role to become a Team Leader role depending on interest and skill. This is an exciting opportunity to take on a fresh challenge and grow with the company.
Our service currently runs across a combination of hosted Windows Servers, SQL Server and Cloud and has some basic monitoring in-place, but as the system is scaling, we need to improve the coverage and quality of our monitoring processes including, where appropriate, availability and performance dashboards, in order to proactively address any issues, to identify where released code has had an adverse impact and where a system problem is taking place. With a reliable operations monitoring solution, we are best placed to keep our availability high and to reduce demand for support.
The key responsibilities of an IT Operations Technician include, but are not limited to:
- Performing operations support work related to system problems including some on-call work
- Performing server maintenance, application of updates and pro-active planning and execution of hardware upgrades, replacements and repairs
- Being involved with the automated deployment system as time, skills and interests dictate
Launched in 2010, SmartSurvey has rapidly grown into one of the leading online survey suppliers to leading brands across all sectors. Our software allows for the design, capture, reporting, and analysis of virtually any type of data and is a trusted supplier to over 260,000+ users worldwide.
We believe that creating surveys should not be complicated and we are committed to providing customers with the solutions they need. All advancements and upgrades to our survey software are done in-house, meaning we can respond quickly and seamlessly to any requests or gaps in the market. ‘User-friendly’ is our mantra!
The key skills and qualities of an IT Operations Technician:
- 3 or more years of experience working on highly available cloud-based systems
- An expert in Windows Server 2016+; experience of Kubernetes monitoring and deployments; able to produce monitoring dashboards in a suitable framework with various separate data feeds; and a good understanding of logging systems and logs parsing, ideally with ELK
- A good communicator of knowledge and decision-making rationale; and fluent in both spoken and written English (a lot of communications will take place over Slack)
Additional desirable skills include:
- Application Insights experience
- Experience of automated builds and deployments
- PowerShell scripting knowledge
- The Octopus Deploy application
- Azure systems, management and monitoring
- Highly scalable applications (>10K users/sec)
- Monitoring and managing SQL Server
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.