At nmcn we’re always adapting, evolving and innovating. Our vision and values are extremely important to us, along with the continued growth and opportunity for our people. We place people at the heart of what we do, and work in partnership with our clients and customers to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
We provide a complete service offering to the sectors we work in from conception to optimisation, delivering best value and innovation. Our 12 regional offices and workshops enable us to provide a local service to our customers promoting sustainable working relationships.
Joining nmcn will open a door full of opportunities, where our people are nurtured for success and empowered to build their own adventure. We believe in your development, potentiality and growth. We aspire to be industry leading with renewed focus on having a positive impact on everything we touch.
An opportunity has arisen for a Business Systems Developer to work on a varied workload of projects and change requests. We build, host and maintain the majority of our systems and applications; supporting our head offices and our teams out in the field. Our development teams are responsible for reviewing business requirements and translating these into business enhancing, mobile first, applications that we then build and implement in line with industry best practise standards. We host our own cloud and manage our own infrastructure which enables us to be innovative and stay ahead in our industry.
What you’ll be doing day to day
- Working on business approved projects:
- Interpret requirements into working code
- Liaising with operational teams to ensure successful delivery
- Working with Lead to develop UI designs
- Provide accurate timescales and updates to Project Coordinator
- Communicate and escalate issues to Lead and Project Coordinator, where required
- Supporting released projects for an outlined period:
- Working with operational teams to understand ‘real’ errors and rectify accordingly
- Support the transition into support once project has moved into the production environment
- Other activities:
- Follow the Secure Development Policy and Development Standards
- Work within a team
- Daily Stand-ups to track progress and be proactive with issues
- Expanding knowledge and experience of the systems used by nmcn Plc staff
What we’re looking for in a candidate
- Attention to detail when documenting and prototyping, as well as estimating delivery timescales on projects
- Working with Git
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Knowledge and experience working with Frameworks.
- Knowledge and experience working with Design Patterns.
- Exposure and experience with Progressive Web Apps is desirable.
- 2+ years working with Business Critical systems is desirable.
- Proven track record delivering to requirements and expectations.
- Be able to write clean and maintainable code (in line with coding standards and best practice), with relevant comments
The personal attributes we're looking for in a candidate
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
- Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
- Experience in a fast paced, national and multi-site business
- Self starter who has the ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
- Be collaborative and forward thinking; maintaining a healthy knowledge of industry changes and technology advancements
- Challenge the status quo
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working
- 5% enhanced pension contribution