Would you like to work for a team that are the good guys helping protect the consumer as well as the bank? Do you want to build software that handles billions of financial and non-financial transactions using supervised- and unsupervised- machine learning? Do you want to be part of the team that has targets of saving the business over £100 million in the next 2 to 3 years? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually and technically challenging environment? If the answer to all these is an emphatic “yes” then we have a role for you.
Global Fraud Technology is responsible for shielding our customers and protecting our assets from fraudsters. Our goals are to protect the customer and keep them informed, use “best of breed” technology to leverage truly connected data and deliver the right decisions and outcomes. We aim to attract, develop and retain world-class software engineering talent and deliver global, flexible, cutting-edge capabilities to fight the battles of today and tomorrow.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Opportunities in Fraud Technology, Northampton
There are three teams that are responsible for the delivery of features and capabilities in the Global Fraud Technology Platform.
Identification and Verification Team - A new global platform for the authentication/verification of customer identities, e.g. 2-factor auth using push notifications to mobile devices. You will be:
- Designing "beautiful" RESTful APIs that serve many end-user use cases
- Building Cloud microservices using the latest best-of-breed technology stack
- Extending a highly-scalable, resilient and self-healing service-oriented architecture
- Supporting business-critical high-performance (20 milliseconds response times) OLTP systems with 5 nines availability
Fraud Detection Team - A new platform that is being built to detect fraud on transactions and events. You will be;
- Using the latest technologies and driving their adoption in the bank (Kafka | AWS | Aerospike ...)
- Creating a global platform that can make decisions on fraudulent activity within ~200ms, using Machine Learning models and dynamic business rules
- Building scalable services that can handle ~1,000 transactions per second
Case Management Team - Processing and management of dispute cases. Using cutting edge technologies, integration techniques and architectural patterns you will be;
- Striving for unprecedented levels of case processing automation
- Offering real-time case processing statistics and management information
- Improving accessibility of case management platform to customers and internal systems
Various roles we are currently looking for:
- Technical Lead Software Engineers
- Senior Software Engineers
- Software Engineers
- Graduate Engineers
- Analyse - help gather requirements and work closely with our analysts to define stories
- Design - contribute to the design and architecture of the core platform
- Build - develop scalable services for APIs | Kafka event process | batch exporting ...
- Test - write thorough, robust, functional and performance tests
- Support - ensure services are robust and run effectively in production with good operational dashboards
- Improve - we are always looking to innovate and do things better, you will be encouraged to take on projects to do that
- Methodology - work in product and delivery Agile scrum teams
- Teach - mentor and guide other team members (where appropriate)
- Ethos - be open, share knowledge, demo releasable work and be an advocate for software quality
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.