We are interested in people who have and display a passion for technology, a desire to learn and grow and experience in a range of toolsets. As such, the role specification below speaks much more about the type of person we are looking to hire rather than the skills.
So what does testing and assurance mean to you? At BJSS it is more than just finding bugs and raising defects, it’s about ensuring the continued delivery of predictable and robust software. We’re looking for people with passion and drive to join our multi-disciplined team. We are always looking for ways to do things better, drive forward change, learn and explore new technologies, share our knowledge with others through informal sessions, and actively engage other disciplines to improve the understanding and effectiveness of how we work together to build better solutions. BJSS emphasizes collaboration across disciplines , championing a culture where everyone works together, owning and resolving challenges as a team.
At BJSS our test and assurance engineers fulfil multiple roles, be that SDET, Non-Functional, Technical Tester or Test Lead, and to:
• Be confident in working with a range of partners across diverse business and technology communities.
• Learn new tools and techniques
• Apply novel techniques and tools to existing processes
• Understand modern/enterprise agile methods and be able to apply them
• Work in a team of like-minded people to get the job done
• Focus on the delivery of the whole project, not just a narrow vertical
• Challenge the status quo
• Be open minded to new techniques and ways of working
• Adapt and improvise to overcome problems
• Understand the whole lifecycle including analysis, enterprise development, build & deployment, and support
• Have experience in languages such as Java, C#, Python, Ruby, SQL and other scripting languages
• Have experience in tools such as jBehave, jUnit, Cucumber, Specflow, jMeter, Gatling, Appium, Calabash, Jenkins, TeamCity, Jira and Confluence – and be able to pick these up quickly if they don’t
If you have the right attitude and are willing to learn then you are the person we are looking for.