Function: Solutions & Digital
The QA / Test Lead will work with our development teams to ensure comprehensive quality assurance testing is performed for all product developments, enhancements and fixes for our software, which will include release and system testing. The purpose of the role is to ensure that the quality of our software is maintained at the highest possible levels, increasing the satisfaction of customers and reducing the number of issues.
- The role will be required to oversee the QA process across a number of technology initiatives across the Strategic Products program portfolio, keeping close to the detail.
- Ensuring a common QA approach is geared towards best practice with manual testing and use of technologies such as automation, performance testing, and load testing.
- Help shape the roadmap on projects and be involved in strategic decisions which shape the overall direction of technology.
- Communicate and collaborate with the stakeholders at director level to understand the user experience and using that to shape our products and quality requirements
- Implement practices which widen the scope for fast successful quality delivery
- Ensure operational requirements are considered and met for our products
- Be actively involved in the high level planning of initiatives
- Work with QA team to ensure that common objectives are met and that the day to day QA process is synchronised
- Hands-on responsibilities depending on workload and demand
- Management and development of staff on shore and off shore
- Management of test resources across multiple agile software development teams, ensuring a consistent approach to testing, and maintaining high quality standards.
- Supporting testers in developing, documenting, and maintaining functional test cases and other test artefacts such as test data, data validation scripts, harness scripts and automated scripts.
- Lead and create good testing practices and strategies.
- Ensure testers are able to confidently create and execute manual & automated test cases using tools such as Selenium Webdriver and Visual Studio Coded UI, and to report their test results.
- Hold and facilitate test plan and test case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Ability to produce effective documentation to communicate anything from an idea to a strategy
- Experience of defining and implementing testing processes and procedures
- Stakeholder management
- Experienced in various aspects of people management and line management
- Mentoring experience
- Good communication skills, written and spoken
- Excellent organisation/time management skills
Excellent understanding of strategies relating to many of:
- Systems testing (service integration, infrastructure)
- Manual testing
- Platform testing
- Application monitoring
- A/B Testing
- Performance Testing
- Load Testing
- Usability and UX testing
QA Test Lead - Automation - C#.Net/Java - Selenium
Experience and Background
- A passion for delivering quality software focusing on excellent user experience and high fidelity to visual design.
- Expertise in user interface testing including designing regression tests, validating APIs, and user interface automated testing.
- Skilled at creating clear, concise detail oriented test plans and test cases with the ability to understand and create from specifications or verbal communications.
- Proficient with development, project management, and business analysts.
- Ideally have a degree in computer science related subject and be ISEB/ISTQB Certified.
- Experience with multi browser and multiplatform testing,
- Experience in testing Microsoft Dynamics applications
- Isolate and report bugs using browser console
- Must have working knowledge of either Visual Studio Team Foundation Server with Microsoft Test Manager or Jira, Zephyr, GIT, Browser Stack with Stash & Confluence tools (preferably both)
- Experience working with automated testing tools and creating test frameworks using tools such as WebDriver, Appium or Visual Studio Coded UI.
- Experience of working in Agile Scrum
- Understanding of Virtualisation technologies
- Demonstrable testing experience with automation
- Previous test management experience
At KPMG, your long-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That’s why our aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Whether it’s great training and development, mobility opportunities or corporate responsibility volunteering activities – you’ll gain a wealth of experiences on which to build a rewarding career. We’re a firm that encourages you to be yourself, values your contribution, and inspires you to act as a role model, always focused on doing the right thing for each other, our clients and our communities.
We’re at our best when you’re at your best; that’s why we’ve created ‘Our Deal’ and ‘The Academy’. Our Deal is the way we speak about the colleague experience and the expectations we have of our people. We expect the best from our people and in return we provide a stimulating, collaborative environment where each person can reach their extraordinary potential. Through ‘The Academy’, you’ll have access to communities which will support and develop you so that you build your skills and career. From introducing secondment programmes to preferential banking, and student loan payments to your birthday off, we’re making sure that our people have an amazing experience.Flexible Working
While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly.Applying with a Disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contact any reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We pride ourselves on being a place where your individuality is valued; you can be yourself and still achieve your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results to our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG by viewing our Policy.