We are recruiting for a mid/senior level Software Developers to join our award-winning research and development team. The technology we build is right at the cutting edge, involving the very latest machine learning / AI, computer vision, and data analysis methods. We pioneer new ideas, concepts and systems for our clients in order to help prevent serious crime, protect assets and save lives. We are involved with some of the most exciting and ground-breaking projects in our field.
As a Software Developer in our small research and development company, you will get to work on a much wider variety of projects than you would in a fixed team at a big company. You’ll have the opportunity to work on all parts of our stack – low-level infrastructure, algorithmic modules and front end – and use a variety of technologies – including deep learning frameworks like TensorFlow, traditional computer vision libraries like OpenCV, and big data engines like Apache Spark. You’ll be embedded in our team of highly-skilled computer scientists, mathematicians and developers, and will be given high levels of responsibility from a very early stage. Your work could involve architecting a multi-sensor processing system or helping to build scalable systems for analysing video content. All our employees are constantly learning about new technologies and state-of-the-art algorithms, and have creative freedom in planning and executing their work. We tailor our roles to each individual ensuring that their skills are put to best use and to ensure continued professional development.
As well as the technical depth and variety you will experience, you will have the chance to work on systems and technologies that can have a genuine impact on security and society.
We are predominantly a "back-end" company building complex analysis systems using a combination of our own bespoke algorithms developed from first principles and open source tools, but we also build front-end systems to showcase our work. Our technology stack includes Python, C++, C#, Git, OpenCV, Keras, Tensorflow, Caffe, CNTK, Docker, JS, REACT, REDUX, MySQL, NoSQL and much more.
The person we are looking for will:
- Have significant experience with C++, working at a module and system level
- Have a degree in a relevant field
- Be excited about innovation and creating solutions to important challenges
- Have commercial development experience
- Have experience working with multi-threaded systems
- Gain bonus points for experience with front-end development (WinForms, REACT, REDUX, JS, HTML,QT)
- Gain bonus points for having experience with Docker, automated build systems and package managers
- Gain bonus points for having worked with complex data analysis systems
- Not be afraid of new technology and getting stuck into to hard problems
- Be able to communicate complex technical issues well
There are numerous traditional benefits to working in our team such as highly competitive salary, private healthcare, pension, childcare vouchers, and other schemes. However, you'll also be working on a variety of state of the art technologies in a friendly and highly capable team, and you will be given the opportunity to self manage your work and develop your skills whilst solving important challenges for society.