About the team
Delivering Deal Value (DDV) is a market leading team that assists Corporate and Private Equity (PE) clients in a wide range of high impact business situations. The majority of our work is in the Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) space, with a focus on the operations and IT challenges both pre and post deal. We help clients achieve maximum value on their deal transactions by solving transformational and complex challenges. The M&A Deals we work on range in size from £50m to over £5bn and our clients include the most well-known brands and businesses in the world.
The Financial Services sector team within DDV provides M&A advice and support to insurers, banks, asset managers, payments providers, fintech firms, hedge funds and other financial services players. We are looking for excellent candidates to join the current team of 25 dynamic and friendly people who have a wide range of backgrounds and disciplines.
We recruit proactively from industry, consulting, private equity and audit to create a great blend of experience on each project. This blend of backgrounds helps us learn from each other and stay at the top of the market delivering fantastic results for our clients on landmark deals.
About the role
You will identify, plan, shape and support the creation of lasting value for our financial services and private equity clients as they undergo mergers, acquisitions and disposals. We work across the deal life cycle, from identifying value creation opportunities and conducting due diligence, to executing carve out and integration programs, realising synergies and creating value for our clients.
A career in the DDV team is a unique and rewarding challenge. The work is at the front of our client’s strategic agenda, often complex and done under tight deadlines. As a result, there are extraordinary opportunities for personal growth, learning new skills and career development.
Whilst the team is London based, deal activity is global, therefore projects can involve travel at short notice.
As a Manager, you will work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution.
The Manager role is a leadership role at project level. As such, you will be expected to take on a leading role on engagements and management of project team members within 6-12 months and contribute to business development efforts where possible alongside your project responsibilities.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients
- Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
- Assist in the management and delivering of large projects
- Train, coach, and supervise junior staff
- Oversee the financial management of client projects
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and win opportunities to work with new/existing clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical skills
- Develop a strong internal network within PwC
- Keep up to date with industry news and developments
- There are plenty of opportunities to build your personal and professional networks. Consulting is a relationship industry after all. We have weekly team newsletters, monthly team meetings and monthly socials, together with an annual away day. The team is a collaborative and supportive environment with lots of chances to socialise across our team and the wider business.
Who we are looking for- Professional experience
- Experience of working in a consulting role in financial services, or a transformation role in industry, ideally banking or insurance
- Experienced in M&A, synergy, integration and/or carve-out, and/or on change projects, restructuring or business improvement
- Demonstrated ability to quickly assess the performance of a business (or elements of it) and outline improvement opportunities based upon limited information and/or interactions with senior management
- Ability to quickly understand large amounts of information and draw out hypotheses and key messages
- Extensive experience around IT and operational analysis to understand business processes, their associated costs and potential issues as well as opportunities for improvement
- The ability to understand the impact of IT on commercial, financial and operational aspects of a business, ideally in the context of a transaction
- Awareness of common IT application systems and infrastructure in one or more financial services sub-sectors
- Knowledge of the key issues and challenges currently facing the financial services sector
- We work hard together, so we hire people who treat their colleagues well, who are not hierarchical and enjoy creating a happy culture even when under pressure
- Extremely comfortable around C-suite or senior stakeholders, as most of our work is done at this level; you don’t need to be an extrovert, but confidence definitely helps
- Comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity in a project environment, and excited by the idea that you may not know what country you will be in next week
- Extremely handy with Excel and PowerPoint. Much of our work involves detailed analysis and report writing, so it is critical you can work with these tools
- Naturally curious; we love people who can apply logic and problem solving to difficult business problems
Nice to have
- MBA or other business management qualification
- Other post-graduate or accounting qualifications are welcome
In Consulting we deliver practical, far-sighted advice that gets straight to the heart of clients’ business issues and delivers amazing results by helping our clients improve the way they operate, reduce costs, manage risks, leverage talent or fundamentally change the way they do business, the work you do will be all about helping organisations of all shapes and sizes work smarter and grow faster. You could find yourself working with household names in a diverse range of industries – everyone from big-name broadcasters and high-street banks to multinational telecoms operators and energy companies.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.