Senior Embedded Firmware Developer
Siemens are currently looking for an Embedded Software Developer to join our innovative and cross functional development teams at the Intelligent Traffic Solutions department in Poole.
The focus areas are the components and platforms for our on street controllers, signals and detectors, where Siemens are a market leader in the sector, aiming to make for more efficient ‘smart cities’ globally.
Who are we looking for?
· We are looking for an individual with commercial experience designing and implementing embedded software solutions for a range of hardware devices. The successful candidate will a have strong C++ development skill set and have worked on projects through a complete software development lifecycle from inception to delivery
· You will enjoy opportunities to work on both new and existing projects and be challenged to make a difference through your enthusiasm and self-motivation; bringing ideas to the team, facilitating change and helping direct the future of Siemens ITS
· You will be educated to degree level or be able to show an equivalent skill set. You will be able to look into the technical detail for those roadmaps and design appropriate software solutions to implement them
You should have a number of the following attributes
· The ability to code proficiently in C++ on both embedded and server-based systems in complex, multi-threaded environments (Necessary)
· Working experience with one or a range of embedded RTOS (Real Time Operating System) and Linux based architectures (Necessary)
· Have a natural flare for technology and be motivated to keep abreast of current trends
· The ability to design complex systems in a way that also allows people to implement them. (Necessary)
· Support technical communication with stakeholders and external collaborators throughout the complete product development lifecycle (Necessary).
· Ability to work flexibly to meet challenging, customer-driven deadlines
Here are some of the technologies/techniques that our developers use in our solutions. It is not required to have experience in all of these areas:
· Complex multithreaded applications (Necessary)
· Embedded Linux (E.g. Build environments, kernel or driver development) (Necessary)
· Embedded Security Principles
· HTTP / Websockets
· ARM Cortex M / STM32 / Keil uVision
· Electronics and custom hardware / software interfacing
· Continuous Integration and Continuous Development working practices
· Using a range of code quality and static analysis tools (e.g Klocwork, Lattix, Cppcheck, CUnit) and GitLab base repositories
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.