Becoming a C# Developer with Capita Secure Solutions & Services in Chippenham
We are now seeking a number of experienced developers to join an existing dynamic team developing a new Tetra based Voice Gateway. Working on Microsoft technologies in an enterprise environment, you will be exposed to the full software development lifecycle covering all areas of development from client, to server, windows and web based.
Seeking applicants that have strong C#, .Net and SQL Server experience, ideally C++
as well, but equal importance is placed on you having a strong 'can do' mind set, along with the personal qualities required to work within a high collaborative, multi-disciplined Agile software development team.What you'll be doing:
What we're looking for:
- Take part in feature and product backlog item kick off discussion meetings to understand the functionality to be developed
- Design, code and unit test the required solution, from the innovative user interface through the full stack through to the server-side processes
- Participate in development, design and architectural sessions and reviews
- Assist in the development of integration and load tests
- Take part in defect triage sessions
- Support the test analysts with technical input
- Work with the team to provide effort estimates for new features to be developed
- Support the production of work instructions and the documentation of configuration requirements
About Capita Secure Solutions & ServicesCapita Secure Solutions and Services
- Strong C# and SQL Server skills, ideally managed C++ experience as well
- Good software development background
- Good team player, able to communicate clearly in both spoken and written word, including presentations and demonstrations
- Ideally experience of telephony applications or come from a telecoms/radio background
is the UK's leading provider of innovative, secure, resilient products and services for the emergency services, critical responders and national infrastructure providers. Our unique portfolio covers a range of products from supporting records management with our PoliceWorks platform to managing body worn video with EvidenceWorks and transforming control room operations with ControlWorks. Everything we do aims to make the most of assets and resources to help our customers operate efficiently and securely - and joining this team, so will you.Secure Solutions and Services
are part of Capita Plc, a leading UK provider of technology enabled business services. We support and improve the lives of millions of people every day and we can only do this with the right people in place, working towards a shared goal. We encourage an open, honest working environment where everyone can be true to themselves and people are valued for their differences. We're always challenging each other to learn and improve, because we know when we work together we can achieve more and deliver the best that we can. We work across such a huge range of businesses and sectors, that you'll have the opportunity to grow and develop your career in any number of directions.What's in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- Company matched pension, medical and life cover, a cycle2work scheme, the option to buy extra holiday…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
- Flexible working so can choose to work 7.5hours between 8am and 6pm or part time in that working 4 days a week. Some home working is possible once up and running.
- At Chippenham office, you will also benefit from onsite parking
You'll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you and your career.What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you. If you have any questions you'd like to ask before applying, you can contact Catherine Gander on 07725619116 or Catherine.firstname.lastname@example.org
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.