In Waters, the Informatics group produce software that is used by people worldwide for specialist measurement and scientific analysis. The software we develop is helping scientists all over the world to better understand the biochemical world, developing drugs to fight cancer, plants to revolutionise biofuel production, improve food safety, and so much more.
We are currently seeking a Full-Stack Software Developer to work in one of our development teams. We work in a collaborative, agile environment, where team members are empowered to innovate and continually improve. We believe strongly in the value of personal development, and provide support and dedicated time for our people to pursue this.
What can we offer?
In addition to competitive salaries, we provide 25 days holidays, excellent family friendly benefits such as attractive employer pension contribution, life assurance, income protection, private medical & dental, on-site gym and on-site restaurant, and free parking on-site.
Our core working hours are from 10am to 3pm, in a 37-hour week. This allows you to have the flexibility to start earlier & finish earlier or start later & finish later to give you the ability to manage personal and family commitments and have some true work-life balance.
A Positive, Supportive & Collaborative Environment:
Within the team, you’ll have the opportunity to explore & practice with a wide variety of software technologies and analytical instrumentation. We work in a highly supportive environment where mentoring, coaching and training is provided throughout your career. With Waters, there are plenty of opportunities for you to grow, develop and contribute.
The chance to make a difference:
The software we develop is helping scientists all over the world to develop and produce novel solutions across the markets served by Waters. By providing easy to use workflows and investigative capabilities, we help scientists get better results, sooner. That can, for example, translate to new, life-enhancing drugs.
- Software development across our technology stack
- Working collaboratively as part of a cross discipline agile team to deliver software increments for Informatics applications
- Contributing to team and project continuous improvement activities
- Contributing to continuous integration and delivery frameworks and approaches
- Continual learning, to stay up-to-date with the latest techniques and technologies in software development
What will make you a successful Software Developer at Waters:
- Knowledge and shown experience as a full stack software developer, ideally with exposure to elements across our technology stack (Angular, Typescript, Bootstrap, C#, .Net, Oracle).
- Knowledge and application of software engineering practices (e.g. Unit testing, TDD, CI/CD, SOLID, BDD etc.).
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to analyse and solve problems.
- Excellent communication and team working skills.
The following criteria are desirable, but are not essential since training will be provided for you:
- Agile software development for iterative product delivery
- Continuous delivery, with pipelines implemented in Docker, Linux & Gradle
- Behaviour Driven Development (BDD), with Gherkin & SpecFlow
- Atlassian Jira, Bamboo, Confluence & JFrog Artifactory
- Software security implementation (e.g. OWASP, PKI, X509 Certificates, TLS)
- Software development for regulated environments (e.g. IVD / Medical devices)