Role: Senior Data Engineer - Level 3/3.5
Reporting to: TBC
Location:Bonded Warehouse, Central Manchester
Salary: £55,000 - £62,500
What we're looking for
We’re looking for Senior Data Engineers to join our team. We’re passionate about using the latest technologies and want you to be too. You’ll be free to free to champion new ideas and technologies, through collaboration and teamwork. We’re firm believers in using the right tools for the job. Willingness to adapt and be flexible is key.
How we are using data differently at Auden
We are centralising all our data, making it available to everyone in Auden and in every application we build. In essence, we are democratising data and allowing Auden to be truly data-driven whilst providing a perfect platform on which to build new innovative products and Machine Learning models. We are continually improving our capability to easily transform data in any desired way, using both serverless and streaming technologies. We implement a schema-on-read policy for all our raw data to allow us to be as agile as possible. Our data team members are solely focused on enhancing our ability to fulfil any data requirement.
What you’ll be doing
- Building and maintaining Auden’s data platforms for scale, performance, reliability, and security on a terabyte scale environment - maintaining the ingestion, storage and transformation of data on distributed systems deployed to cloud computing environments
- Designing and building Big Data and streaming capabilities using open-source technologies such as Python, R, Scala, Hadoop, Kafka and/or Spark as well as a big focus on utilising managed cloud services such as AWS Kinesis
- Supporting engineering on large scale projects, whilst helping to make all of Auden’s data available to every part of the company and utilising Infrastructure as Code
- Our software is based on a microservice architecture, so experience with NoSQL would also be greatly beneficial
- Getting involved with Data Science and Machine Learning activities, such as helping to enable model training on huge data sets and deploying models either as APIs or real-time stream processors
- Implementing KPIs to track performance of our data and systems throughout Auden
- Involving yourself with the product teams to release and maintain live products
- Participating in establishing processes and best practices around development standards, version control, quality control, deployment, maintenance and change management
- Collaborating with our business analysts in analysing business requirements to design and implement data processing pipelines, associated data and database structures
- Fine tune performance to meet those requirements and using Agile Tracking Tool (e.g. Jira) for project tracking
- For business intelligence, we use Power BI but equivalent skillsets are still welcomed
- Our Cloud is hosted on both Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure, but AWS is our main focus
- We are big on automated Machine Learning to allow us to scale our data-driven approach throughout Auden, so there is also potential to be involved in this if you are interested.
Working at Auden
Based on the top floor of Manchester’s iconic Bonded Warehouse, Auden is one of the businesses at the forefront of the St. John's Development.
We are a committed equal opportunities employer and welcome applications irrespective of race, religion or belief, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sex, transgender status, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, marital status, civil partnership or trade union activity.
Find out more
If all the above excites you, then we’d love to talk to you.
NO Recruitment Agencies. All CVs will be taken as gifts.
Auden is authorised by the FCA.