South West London
Working for this innovation company and help them grow. With their suite of innovative analytical products, which are trusted by many leading companies to direct and guide intervention and action to drive performance improvements.
This position will include the following:
Working with Big Data that they have harnessed; this requires creativity to transform data and insight into truly innovative solutions.
This is where you come in: The role will be focused on providing mathematical and quantitative subject matter expertise to deliver on projects/solutions, it will include:
• Defining the quantitative element of projects, for internal R&D and for external clients.
• Contributing to the choice of quantitative and analytical techniques used to deliver projects.
• Quantitative input into the design and testing of prototype concepts for full solution implementation.
• Reviewing the latest mathematical trends and opportunities for method transfer and adoption/inclusion.
YOU NEED TO HAVE:
You will have or be expected to attain a PhD in a numerical discipline such as applied or pure mathematics, statistics, physics, or computer science, and may have experience in your first role (e.g. commercial organisation or post-doctoral research in a top-tier academic institute).
You will likely have acquired the following skills/experiences:
• Extensive understanding of mathematics and its practical application to problem solving.
• Practical programming experience, such as C, C++, Java, Python, Fortran.
• Experience in systems such as R, Mathematica, MATLAB, SAS, SPSS and ML libraries.
• Perspectives on trends in mathematics and computer sciences, and opportunities for technology transfer.
• Knowledge of big-data platforms and numerical-analysis methods for optimising processing.
• Experience in handling & integrating qualitative data sets from social networks, questionnaires, surveys.
• Creative ideas for presenting and visualising data and insight.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a strong collaborator. Familiarity with every item isn’t necessary, but we’d love to explore your experience at all levels.
Blue Juice Ltd acts as an employment agency for the supply of permanent, temporary, contract and interim personnel and an equal opportunities employer.
We would like to thank you for your application and unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications received, if you have not received any correspondence from us within 7 days, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.