Opening dates for applications: 15th March 2019
Closing dates for applications: 14th April 2019
Competitive salary applies.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in web application security and software development in C++ or Java.
- Master's degree in Computer Science.
- Relevant work experience, including application-level vulnerability testing and code-level security auditing.
- Technical knowledge in security engineering, computer and network security, authentication and security protocols and applied cryptography.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
As a Security Engineer, you will help ensure that our software and services are designed and implemented to the highest security standards. You will perform security audits, risk analysis, application-level vulnerability testing and security code-reviews on Android, and a wide variety of Google products for Android. You will also work closely with other Google Software Engineers to enhance our security posture.
Making the world's information universally accessible and useful doesn't stop at the desktop. The Mobile team builds tools to get you the information you need no matter where you are. Android has become the world's most popular mobile ecosystem, powering billions of devices, from smartphones to tablets, watches to TVs and everything in between. Whether adding to the core Android experience, forging new markets for digital content, creating immersive and portable versions of our products or managing relationships with a global community of developers, the Mobile team is giving you Google on the go.
- Perform security code audits and design reviews.
- Develop technical solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities.
- Advocate security and secure coding practices throughout Google and the Android ecosystem.
- Conduct research to identify new attack vectors against Android and services for Android.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy
and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form