Work is changing. Nearly 30% of professionals believe their skills will be redundant within the next 2 years — if they aren’t already.
Learnerbly is a London based, VC backed Professional Development Platform which helps employees build the skills they need to meet the challenges of the Future of Work. We care about how new knowledge is applied on the job, and how it can propel growth for both the employee and the business. We make sure that this process is as easy and enjoyable as possible for our users, ensuring that they never feel lost.
We’re looking for a Head of Operations to join our small team with responsibility for ensuring the smooth running of our administration processes and support systems, including accounting, record keeping, procurement, high-level HR duties and contract management.
We are recruiting on a rolling basis
- Implement operational excellence, ensuring the company runs in a cost-effective way
- Drive process improvement in collaboration with our Head of Product
- Handle internationalisation—legal, financial and operational processes related to this expansion
- Manage daily finances, liaising with our bookkeepers and reporting directly to our CEO and CFO
- Line manage our small operations team and contribute to their development
- Oversee legal and compliance related issues connected to GDPR, employee contracts and client contracts
- Oversee HR processes, including the company’s talent acquisition, recruiting and team building efforts
- Lead our collaborative OKR setting process, and drive progress across the company to achieve these
- Oversee our Fulfilment function, which involves transacting L&D purchases on behalf of our customers and related documentation, reporting and verification procedures
Requirements / Qualifications
These are ideal but not required as we know women are less likely to apply for the role unless they are 100% qualified. We promote a diverse, inclusive and empowering culture at Learnerbly.
- Solid understanding of bookkeeping and bank account management, preferably familiarity with Xero
- Proven experience working as an operations manager or similar role such as in consulting
- You are data led — an expert in Excel and familiar with SQL
- Confident project manager with a proven record of delivering results
- You are accurate, reliable and analytical with a high level of organisation
- You feel the urge to act when someone tells you “This is just the way it’s been done”
- Familiarity with HR duties such as talent acquisition, onboarding and performance management is desirable but not essential
- You may have some experience of working in a high-growth company, tech scale-up or professional services firm, such as management consultancy
- You enjoy working as part of a small team, providing the crucial background support and stability to enable the business to iterate rapidly and actively contribute towards building something great
- You love operational efficiency and are 100% hands on!
- Competitive salary and results-driven bonus
- Open and inclusive working environment
- Values-driven culture
- £1000 learning and wellbeing budget to spend each year
- 25 days paid holiday
- Free on-site barista coffee, herbal teas and fresh fruit
- Quarterly team off-sites and outings
- Healthcare cashback scheme available
- Flexible working environment/hours